2018: Grand Tour of France (4780)
14 days from Paris to Paris
PARIS Novotel La Defense (F) or Timhotel Berthier (ST)CAEN Mercure Cote de Nacre (ST) at Herouville St. ClairMONT ST. MICHEL Hotel Vert (ST) CHATEAUX COUNTRY Novotel Amboise (F)BORDEAUX Mercure Centre Meriadeck (ST)TOULOUSE Radisson Blu Toulouse Airport (F)AVIGNON Ibis Pont de l'Europe (ST) FRENCH RIVIERA Park Inn Nice (ST) or Ibis Styles Vieux Port (ST)LYON AREA Lyon Ouest (ST) or Parkest (ST)
Call (616) 866-3500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13996153
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Check into your hotel. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Caen||Drive first to the historical capital city of Normandy, Rouen, one of the largest and most prosperous cities of medieval Europe, and walk through its center, rich in gothic architecture. Next, lovely Honfleur, known for its picturesque port, characterized by houses with slate-covered facades. Continue to Caen. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Mont St Michel||Time to see Caen before visiting the legendary beaches where Allied troops landed more than 70 years ago. The most moving sites are Arromanches, St. Laurent, and the AMERICAN CEMETERY at Omaha. Next, journey to Bayeux, where you can admire the famous tapestry depicting William the Conquerors' epic battle in 1066 (entrance fee extra). Then, on to the unique beauty of Mont St. Michel, which stands on an island reached by a causeway. (B)|
|Day 4||Chateaux Country||Time to enjoy a visit of MONT ST. MICHEL before departing for Angers to visit its CATHEDRAL. Then, travel along the banks of the Loire River to reach the enchanting Chateaux Country. A chance this evening to join an optional dinner at a local restaurant. (B)|
|Day 5||Chateaux Country||Spend the day at leisure or join an optional excursion to see some of the most spectacular castles of the Loire, steeped in the history of noblemen and kings since the 11th century. Gothic spires, medieval turrets, great fortresses, and beautiful chateaux make for splendid panoramas. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Bordeaux||Enjoy some time in the picturesque town of La Rochelle, situated on the Atlantic coast. Continue into the world-famous Cognac region to visit the HENNESSY MUSEUM in Cognac. Next, visit Bordeaux for an orientation walk of the city center. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Toulouse||Discover one of France's most scenic regions, the Dordogne. Stop in the dramatically located medieval town of Rocamadour, perched high upon a cliff. Continue southwards to Toulouse. (B,D)|
|Day 8||TAvignon||Travel to Carcassonne for a walk in this well-preserved medieval town. Then, continue to Nimes, an elegant city famed for its busy boulevards shaded by lotus trees. Get a view of the Maison Carree, one of the best-preserved Roman temples in the whole of France. Make a brief picture stop at the famous PONT DU GARD before reaching Avignon. (B)|
|Day 9||French Riviera||Visit Arles, the most famous of all the Provence towns, known all over the world by the paintings of Van Gogh. Admire the famous Roman AMPHITHEATER, then continue to Aix-en-Provence to see its main street, the COURS MIRABEAU, lined with plane trees, and its 17th-century palace, houses, and fountains. Finally, head to the French Riviera on the shores of the Mediterranean. Don't miss the optional evening excursion. (B)|
|Day 10||French Riviera||Take the time to enjoy all the amenities of the French Riviera on your own. Tonight, maybe join the optional Monte Carlo by Night excursion to see the Principality of Monaco. (B)|
|Day 11||Lyon||First to Grasse to visit a traditional PERFUME WORKSHOP. See more of Provence and follow one of France's great panoramic routes, the one Napoleon took on his return from his exile in Elba in 1815. From Grenoble, join the expressway to the Lyon area. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Paris||Travel through the picturesque vineyards and fields of Burgundy to medieval Beaune, the region's wine capital since Roman times, where you visit the famous HOTEL-DIEU. Return to the French capital and 'City of Light,' Paris. Don't miss the optional evening cabaret show, a real Parisian spectacle. (B)|
|Day 13||Paris||Discover the glorious French capital with its many boulevards and monumental buildings. On the included sightseeing tour, a local expert will guide you through Parisian history, tradition, as well as modern living. Optional excursions are also available to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles and, to celebrate the success of your tour, a French farewell dinner might be just the ticket. (B)|
|Day 14||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $690No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Paris:Pre tour: in single room $141-$149; in twin / in triple $74-$77Post tour: in single room $126-$183; in twin $65-$94; triples on request
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).