GLOBUS 2020: Icons of India: The Taj, Tigers & Beyond with Kathmandu (ODE2)
13 days from Delhi to Kathmandu
Call (616) 866-3500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594271
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Welcome to India's capital city! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Delhi||Today's sightseeing starts with an orientation drive to see the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, India Gate, and the Presidential Palace. Afterward, take a [LF] RICKSHAW RIDE through Chandni Chowk, a captivating local bazaar. Here, ancient alleyways are lined with quaint shops selling all sorts of goods and souvenirs-from silver and saris to spices and electronics. After lunch in a local restaurant, visit QUTUB MINAR, the world's tallest brick minaret, dating back to the 11th century. Tonight, your Tour Director hosts a lavish welcome dinner that includes a COOKING DEMONSTRATION and talk on Indian cuisine with a local chef. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Agra||This morning, visit HUMAYUN'S TOMB and GURUDWARA BANGLA SAHIB, Delhi's largest and most prominent Sikh gurudwara (house of worship). After lunch, drive to Agra and settle in for the evening. (B,L)|
|Day 4||Agra||Start your day with a sunrise visit to the incomparable TAJ MAHAL, an extravagant marble monument to love. Moghul Emperor Shah Jahan built it as a memorial to his beloved wife, who died during childbirth. Later, travel to AGRA FORT, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built by the Moghul Emperor Akbar. This impressive fortress of red sandstone conceals the imperial city of the Moghul rulers and its many palaces. (B)|
|Day 5||Ranthambore National Park||Today, stop at FATEHPUR SIKRI (the City of Victory), a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Built by Emperor Akbar in the 16th century it was the capital of the Mughal Empire for only some 10 years before it was completely abandoned due to the lack of adequate water. After lunch in Bharatpur, board a TRAIN bound for RANTHAMBORE NATIONAL PARK, one of the best places in India to spot the elusive Bengal tiger! (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Ranthambore||Today, explore the park on MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES in an open-air safari vehicle. In addition to Bengal tigers, the park is home to leopard, sambar deer, sloth bears, marsh crocodiles, striped hyena, and more. Between game drives, enjoy free time to relax. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Jaipur||Rise early this morning for one last GAME DRIVE in this magical land. Then, travel to Jaipur. In 1876, the city was painted pink to welcome the Prince of Wales, and it has been known as the 'Pink City' ever since. Tonight, enjoy a [LF] HOME-HOSTED DINNER with an Indian noble family, followed by a SARI- and TURBAN-TYING demonstration. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Jaipur||Today, visit the amazing AMBER FORT, built entirely of white marble and red sandstone. Tour the interior with its intricate mosaics, carvings, paintings, and mirror works. This afternoon, visit the CITY PALACE and the adjoining MUSEUM, which houses a collection of rare manuscripts. Also, stop at JANTAR MANTAR and the famous HAWA MAHAL (Palace of the Winds). Tonight, your Tour Director hosts a festive farewell dinner to celebrate your journey through India. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Delhi||Fly back to Delhi. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 10||Kathmandu||Today, fly to Kathmandu. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 11||Kathmandu||Your morning SIGHTSEEING TOUR starts with a visit to HANUMAN DHOKA, the historic seat of royalty. Then, visit the TEMPLE OF KUMARI, residence of the Living Goddess and said to be constructed from the wood of a single tree. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B,L)|
|Day 12||Kathmandu||Today, a GUIDED TOUR takes you to BOUDDHANATH, one of the largest stupas in the world and a focal point of Tibetan Buddhism in Nepal. Then, continue to PATAN, formerly known as Lalitpur (City of Beauty). Here, stop in DURBAR SQUARE, the city's center of business and home to several Buddhist and Hindu sites. (B,L)|
|Day 13||Kathmandu||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Globus, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $369. Required intra-vacation air segment is: Jaipur/Delhi; Delhi/Kathmandu. Air prices were effective on August 14, 2019, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local guides are available for pre-purchase on the base vacation. For vacations that include an extension to the base, pre-paid gratuities only include the base portion. Any additional gratuities would need to be paid on trip.Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $925 to $1,000Triple rooms are not available.Extra Nights per person in Delhi:Le Meridien (Pre Nights): in single room $195; in twin room $103Novotel New Delhi Aerocity (Post Nights)January-March, October & December: in single room $148; in twin room $79February & November: in single room $186; in twin room $98Extra Nights per person in Kathmandu:in single room $163; in twin room $912021 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in August 2020.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).